• Tig Weld food-grade equipment.
• Ability to produce food grade welds on 304 stainless steel assemblies.
• Able to weld a variety of material thicknesses, ranging from 16g up to ½” thick.
• Able to work from prints and weld parts per symbols as noted.
• Accurately layout and fixture small and larger multipart weld assemblies.
• Check and straighten all weld assemblies using straight edges and squares to maintain square and flatness.
• Measure parts and assemblies using calipers, rigid rules, micrometers, and tape measures accurately.
• Position requires a high degree of flexibility to quickly shift tasks as priorities demand.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ideal candidate will be looking for a long-term career with a growing company that offers a clean comfortable work environment with good benefits and an opportunity for growth.
• Must reside within 50 miles of Frankfort, IL.
• Program, set-up and operate 3 axis Milling centers
• Produce parts from stainless steel, alloy steel, and various plastics.
• Manual mill and lathe machining as needed
• Analyze job order, perform necessary calculations
• Monitor all programs to make sure they follow blueprint instructions
• Ensure work are is clean, secure and well maintained
• Proficient at programming using Mastercam 2019 from drawings, sketches, solid models and verbal instructions
• Ability to quickly set-up and run jobs in the most effective and efficient manner
• Ability to consistently hold tolerances of +/- .002”
• Position requires a high degree of flexibility to quickly shift tasks as priorities demand
• Possess some manual mill and lathe machining skills for tasks that do not warrant CNC manufacture preferred
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations
• Respond to customer phone inquiries in a timely manner
• Provide service and customer support during field visits
• Manage on-site installation, repair, maintenance tasks
• Diagnose errors or technical problems, determine proper solutions
• Produce timely and detailed service reports
• Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
• Build positive relationships with customers
• Electrical wiring on panels and machines used in the food industry
• Able to interpret blueprints
• Able to troubleshoot electrical wiring issues, bad components and safety e-stop/guard circuits
• Can read and load PLC programs and HMI panels
• Mechanical skills in the assembly of parts and machinery
• Field service experience
• Willing to travel to customer sites
• Utilizes mechanical systems background to provide technical support to the manufacturing department
• Investigate production problems related to parts design, fit or function and/or system/process design
• Conduct defect analysis with oversight. Determine root cause and recommend countermeasures and improvements
• Utilizes schematics, drawings, specifications and supporting documentation when evaluating parts/products/process
• Research, evaluate and develop domestic sources for parts
• Issue Engineering Change Orders and technical documents. Collect and/or organize data, produce analysis for decision making
• Evaluate production parts and make recommendations for cost savings and process improvement
• Review product designs for manufacturability, cost, and quality
• Recommend design changes to improve the functionality of machines
• Develop quotes for parts and assemblies that are manufactured in-house
• Work with sales department to develop product specifications, test methods and interpret customer requirements for in-house design/manufacturing of projects
• Monitor project outcomes and results and make recommendations for future design changes based on observations
• Establish a course of action for projects and provides feedback to appropriate personnel
• Lead customer/supplier technical communication. Setups complex Bill Of Material (BOM) structures
• Able to operate with limited supervision
• Utilizes CAD (Autodesk Inventor) for investigations and to update product drawings to comply with engineering changes
• May design sheet metal products utilizing CAD (Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal) for manufacturing on metal fabrication equipment (laser and brake)
• May attend seminars/project training
• May travel to provide customer support concerning quality and product issues
• May be assigned additional duties and/or special projects
• May have to work overtime based on company needs
• Requires 0-5 years experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with 3D CAD software (Inventor preferred)
• Experience with ERP systems (Made 2 Manage) recommended
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Requires strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
• Must be results oriented, energetic, proactive, self-starter, and a team player